About Me

My photo
I started this blog as an inspirational-food for thought place to post my writings; and I decided to add to it other things that I enjoy and make it my little "rinconcito" (corner) where I can express myself. I enjoy writing about life experiences, painting, drawing, photography; and recently I learned how to knit and crochet (and I'm so hooked!). This is the space and time where I can forget about the worries of the real world and lose myself in my dreams, hopes, and passion. I hope it works the same for you when you visit my page. =) Have a blessed and rocking day!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

My very first kitted blanket...that ended up as a tote bag! Lol.

Well, I've been wanting to learn how to knit for a long time, and I finally did! I learned the technique in just about five minutes BUT missed a few little but very important steps - which I later learned after watching several tutorial videos (the wonders of YouTube!).  I went to the store and got all my materials, went back home, sat down and started my new project: a baby blanket. I was so excited when just after watching a couple of videos and starting off my yarn I saw that I was actually knitting! But, there were a couple of things that I did not know, one: that I need more than one ball of yarn, and two: that not following the proper techniques at the end of each row will make your piece of work SHRINK! Haha, so by the time I had ran out of yarn and looked at my "finished" work I noticed that it wasn't even, wondering what could I do with it after so much work, I folded my piece in two and "LIGHT BULB", it would make a perfect tote bag, so I sewed the sides and a lining for the inside (from a piece of curtain), and added a couple of strings and a bow...

No comments: