About Me

My photo
I started this blog as an inspirational-food for thought place to post my writings; and I decided to add to it other things that I enjoy and make it my little "rinconcito" (corner) where I can express myself. I enjoy writing about life experiences, painting, drawing, photography; and recently I learned how to knit and crochet (and I'm so hooked!). This is the space and time where I can forget about the worries of the real world and lose myself in my dreams, hopes, and passion. I hope it works the same for you when you visit my page. =) Have a blessed and rocking day!

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The times that we live in


The paradox of our time in history is that
We have taller buildings, but shorter tempers;
Wider freeways, But narrower viewpoints;
We spend more, but have less,We buy more, but enjoy less...
We have bigger houses and smaller families;
More conveniences, but less time;
We have more degrees, but less sense;
More knowledge, but less judgments;
More experts but more problems;
More medicine, but less wellness...
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values
We talk too much, love seldom, and hate often...
We've learned how to make a living, but not a life;
We've added years to life, but not to years...
We've been all the way to the moon and back
But have trouble crossing the street to meet the new neighbor;
We've conquered outer space, but not inner space;
We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul;
We've split the atom, but not our prejudice...
We've higher incomes, but lower morals;
We've become long on quantity, but short on quality...
These are the times of tall men, but short character;
Steep profits, and shallow relationships...
These are the times of world peace, but domestic warfare;
More leisure, but less fun;
More kinds of food, but less nutrition...
These are the days of two incomes, but more divorce;
Of fancier houses, but broken homes...
It is a time when there is much in the show window and nothing in the stockroom;
A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and the time when you can choose either to make a difference or to just hit delete.....

Author Unknown

No comments: